THE EARTH AND I - A JOURNEY.....

EARTH AFFAIR

What is my relationship with mother earth,
who gives me place to live from my day of birth,
the air that I breathe she gives for free,
continually recycled by the hardworking tree.

Why should she allow me upon her surface,
when I scar and break her for my own selfish purpose,
I take, take, take, but what do I give back,
I'm always destroying to fill up my lack.

How useful am I to mother earth,
how do I show her my love and mirth,
when was the last time I gazed at the stars,
sunrise and sunset or even Venus and mars.

From morning till night we pollute for our needs,
try to beautify the flesh with glitter and beads,
we trample and trash everything in our way,
shouting give me, give me, I want every day.

Monica Maartens ©Copyright
22 April 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

A BREAK.....

TAKING A BREAK FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMPLETING A FEW BOOKS ON SHORT STORIES TO SOON BE PUBLISHED UNDER THE PENNAME OF ZARARIA YUL.... THANK Y...