UNPREPARED

IF ONLY I KNEW

If only I knew I wouldn't have travelled that path,
if only someone taught me about the aftermath,
I would have known about the darkness ahead,
I would have known how to make my bed.

When the deed is done, it's too late for regret,
I should have known what to take or reject,
but my eyes were blinded and I couldn't see,
what disaster certain choices would bring to me.

Innocent and naive we float into life,
try to get by without too much strife,
we forget our morals when temptations call,
as the mainstream in life pulls us into a fall.

Without preparation we take on the world,
in total ignorance we are tumbled and twirled,
we are bashed about by heartache and sorrow,
If only I knew I could handle tomorrow. ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

A BREAK.....

TAKING A BREAK FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMPLETING A FEW BOOKS ON SHORT STORIES TO SOON BE PUBLISHED UNDER THE PENNAME OF ZARARIA YUL.... THANK Y...