STILL THE SAME


WHO I AM

The paths that I travel are not who I am,
it's merely a test to see if I can
I'm always okay whether high or low,
the detours are all just part of the show.

I take what I need from that which is there,
keep my nose clean, always try to be fair,
it's all a game of selection and choice,
without ever having to raise my voice.

I remain who I am just adding some flavour,
each new journey brings more to savour,
my bones get broken and heart becomes shattered, 
dust myself off pretending none of it mattered.

All the time we learn and grow,
hold on to the good and let the bad go,
at the end of the day I'm still the same,
make a change and play a new game.

Monica Maartens ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

A BREAK.....

TAKING A BREAK FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMPLETING A FEW BOOKS ON SHORT STORIES TO SOON BE PUBLISHED UNDER THE PENNAME OF ZARARIA YUL.... THANK Y...