BITTER REGRETS


SHAMEFUL DISGRACE

With shame I hang my head in disgrace,
a terrible error has plucked me out of place,
when you continually use shame to train,
you cause a massive blockage in my brain.

I walk down the street feeling all eyes on me,
the guilt inside me won't set me free,
it feels like the watchers see onto my soul,
deeper I go into a darkened hole.

I've made a mistake and feel like a worm,
I cringe and hide to stay out of the storm,
I feel deep regret for the error I made,
surely this counts in the price to be paid.

Must this be thrown back into my face,
day after day I eat my disgrace,
show me a way to turn this around,
before I go completely to ground.

Monica Maartens ©
28/09/2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

A BREAK.....

TAKING A BREAK FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMPLETING A FEW BOOKS ON SHORT STORIES TO SOON BE PUBLISHED UNDER THE PENNAME OF ZARARIA YUL.... THANK Y...