I OWN MY MISTAKES - I OWN MY LIFE

LAY MY CLAIM

Where I've gone wrong, I lay my claim,
this is how we will win in this game,
it hangs like a sword above my head,
giving me nightmares as I lay on my bed.

In the waking hours I own my mistakes,
keeping me safe from the fiery lakes,
I do what I need to, to make amends,
teaching me how to conquer life's bends.

I use my mistakes as a work in progress,
guiding me onto the paths of success,
to err is human, to forgive divine,
all these things we learn with time.

The Spirit of God is the gift of light,
it connects us to all answers so bright,
it guides us into a deep insight,
overcoming all the deceit of night.

Monica Maartens ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

A BREAK.....

TAKING A BREAK FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMPLETING A FEW BOOKS ON SHORT STORIES TO SOON BE PUBLISHED UNDER THE PENNAME OF ZARARIA YUL.... THANK Y...