YOU STAB MY HEART

A TWISTING KNIFE

Your words strike into my heart like a twisting knife,
but I won't be drawn into your stife,
rant and rave until it's all spent,
then calmly tell me what you really meant.

I choose not to let you rip me apart,
your insults aren't gonna break my heart,
let's talk about what causes your hurt,
before our friendship ends up being burnt.

Bring your grievances into the open,
so we can heal that which is broken,
please don't pour your rage onto me,
that's not going to set you free.

I will not accept your anger and rage,
it will not be written on my life's page,
I will stand by you and work it through,
until we find a solution that's true.

Monica Maartens © 11/9/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

A BREAK.....

TAKING A BREAK FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMPLETING A FEW BOOKS ON SHORT STORIES TO SOON BE PUBLISHED UNDER THE PENNAME OF ZARARIA YUL.... THANK Y...