GOOD AND EVIL

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

I know you're hiding deep in my heart,
with doubt nd confusion you subtly implant,
don't think I don't know how I am tricked,
through truth and faith you'll surely be licked.

I'm going to fill my mind with the truth,
I'm going to build on the purity of youth,
I will not entertain any things uncouth,
I will not let you steal my inner worth.

I will seek a mission that gives life purpose,
drench all the garbage onto the surface,
wash my mind of all the worldly dirt,
bring into the open all emotional hurt.

I will sort and select what I will to keep,
take all the filth and throw it on a heap,
light a match and set it on fire,
so the days of degradation all expire.

Monica Maartens © 25/9/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

A BREAK.....

TAKING A BREAK FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMPLETING A FEW BOOKS ON SHORT STORIES TO SOON BE PUBLISHED UNDER THE PENNAME OF ZARARIA YUL.... THANK Y...