THE GIANT KILLER - LIES

LYING DESTRUCTION

You rip my heart to shreds with a lie,
it feels like part of me inside want to die,
I can't believe it is not the truth,
you've broken up my trusting youth.

I'm confused and shattered and don't know what to do,
how will I ever again believe you are true,
my heart inside feels like it's been crushed,
my thoughts are all mixed up and mushed.

Just tell me the truth so we can work from there,
there's always a reason that is clear and fair,
don't let fear drag you into the darkness,
it's a terrible place of monstrous starkness.

Its poison travels through mind and soul,
it totally throws our hearts in a hole,
I'm so lost and I  can't find my way,
when I awake each day I go astray.

Monica Maartens © 14/9/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

A BREAK.....

TAKING A BREAK FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMPLETING A FEW BOOKS ON SHORT STORIES TO SOON BE PUBLISHED UNDER THE PENNAME OF ZARARIA YUL.... THANK Y...